Emerald Transcription is a transcription
company that is located in Athens, Alabama. We provide a high quality, quick-turnaround,
and extremely competitively priced transcription service to the Healthcare Industry.
As of March 15, 2005 we are now offering our services to the general business industries.
Please see our SERVICES page for further details.
Emerald Delivers On Time:
With extensive hours of coverage combined with skilled staff, Emerald assures that
your medical transcription services needs are met on time or even ahead of schedule.
If your needs are affordable after hours or weekend coverage, Emerald can customize
a plan to suit your specific needs
Our company's philosophy is "Total Customer
We strive to deliver:
What we provide at no cost to the doctor or facility.
- 98% error-free transcribed documents.
- Extremely Competitive transcription rates.
- Total accountability for quality of service and support.
- Flexibility on medium for transcription. (Digital, Audio, or call-in system)
- User Friendly Toll-Free Call-in system.
- Secure HIPAA compliant Transfer & Retrieval of
Files via our website.
- Individualized quote comparing your current transcription.
- Personalized Service with the Quality and turnaround you expect.
Pricing & Rates:
Please call today for our rates and specials. We quote pricing based on a per-line,
per page, per minute, or per hour basis depending on your preference and needs.
Emerald Transcription transcribes for single doctor practices, multi-doctor clinics,
specialty practices, and hospitals.
What is new at Emerald?
We have expanded our services to include a business transcription department. Please
see SERVICES for details.
- Digital Files (Olympus, Sony, Phillips, etc.)
- Toll-free call in system.
- EMR systems and computer applications (Medic, Lanier, etc.)
Why Outsource your Medical/Business Transcription?
Government regulations, insurance companies, and consumers are demanding improved
documentation of medical transcription. HIPAA guidelines have precipitated a push
by healthcare providers to move toward a digital health record, not only in hospitals,
but also in the general ambulatory and physician care environments. Handwritten
notes are not meeting these new demands.
Many practices never really consider the total cost of transcription to their practice
when medical transcription is done internally. A good rule of thumb is to multiply
your transcriptionists labor and benefits by 250%. Many businesses fail to consider
the many indirect costs associated with in-house staff, such as:
- 50% Medical Transcription Utilization
- Technical Support
- Equipment Costs and Maintenance
- Equipment Depreciation
- Software Upgrades
- Office Space and Utilities
- Recruiting and Training Costs
However, savings are not the most important criterion. The following factors should
be considered when choosing to outsource: medical transcription costs, quality and
accuracy, turnaround time, and in-house staffing levels. All these factors can be
summarized in one word -VALUE.